Sales Training & Consulting
Why have a business with mediocre salespeople?
Although the definition of a sale is simple enough, the process of turning someone into a buyer can be extraordinarily complex. It requires you to convince someone with a potential interest that there is something for them in making their interest concrete – something that merits spending some of their hard-earned money.
You will always be able to find bad salespeople, the key is to find good ones and keep them. First you have to learn how to hire, use tools that can help you determine what you’re looking for and make sure you’ve got the right ones. Your sales people must have superior communication skills and know how to relate to the customers on and offline.
What about sales training? In the world of inbound marketing (where the customer is in charge), the sales funnel has all but disappeared and been replace by a flywheel! Hubspot, an American developer and marketer of software products for inbound marketing, sales, and customer service calls the new sales Frictionless Selling. It combines both the funnel and a fly wheel! The flywheel creates energy as it whirls with on and offline selling. These new techniques will inspire both the old guys (the ones who can’t learn new tricks) and those that can ‘hit it out of the ball park!’
I’ve been teaching sales for over twenty years and this adds a new dimension.
I can help you determine who are the right people for you and what attributes you are looking for and I can also help you understand what the test scores mean for you. You will know the positive points and areas for improvement. You can decide if they fit and you’re willing to “train them up.”
Your customized sales workshop will give participants more than the basic sales process.
It includes how to use social media to build relationships with customers as well as advanced tools, so they can seal the deal, no matter what the size of the sale. Your participants will become more confident, build better relationships, handle objections, and learning how to be a great closer.
Sales is the bottom line for all businesses; without great salespeople (notice I didn’t say good salespeople) a business is mediocre. This program is customized for your business. It can be done in person or online.
A course sampler...
- Certified Flooring Executive and Sales Professional, World Floor Covering Association
- Certified Cushion Certified, Carpet Cushion Council
- Platform Skills for Trainers, one week, training. Mohawk Industries for Trainers
- Designer; Training Programs for Retailers, (10 years) Mohawk Industries
- Designing Customer Service Training, Mohawk University for Trainers
- Certified Flooring Installation, Mannington Flooring, resilient\Dupont Flooring, CEU classes, “Carpet Design Under Foot”
- Dal-Tile, one week course in ceramic tile installation
- Mapei Adhesives, two day hands on, grout
- Laminate Installation, one week installation classes , Mohawk Industries
- Independent Flooring Inspector, Carpet, Hard Surface, Commercial Carpet, Concrete Testing Certification; FCITS
- Approved NYS Real Estate Continuing Education Instructor: Floorcovering product knowledge, Value of Historic Homes, Aging in Place, Outside Living
- Hubspot; Frictionless Sales Certification and Email Marketing
- Licensed Senior Home Safety Specialist, training and advocacy for seniors
Age Safe America
- NLP Neurolinguistics Practitioner
- Values Clarification, New York State School for Girls
- Certified, New York Sales School, 30 hours all phases of selling
SUNY New Paltz
MS Social Psychology
University of Tampa
B.A.Psychology, Physical Ed, English, Linguistics
- Top Ten Most Influential Persons, Floor Covering Industry
- 1st Place winner, International Marketing Competition, Boron Homeopathic Remedies
- Angel for Life, Columbia Country Association for Retarded Adults
- Toastmasters Tall Tales Contest Winner
- New York State School for Girls, published first program “Behavior Modification for Incarcerated Females”
- Grant recipient SYSCO Foods, Charitable Ventures, Community Development Block Grant to open to provide housing and schooling for women in recovery
- Woodrow Wilson Fellowship, Columbia Universitya
- Steering Committee Member; Albany Guardian Society Home; Community Care Village Movement
- Member; Hudson Park Neighborhood Association
- Volunteer and Radio Show; Grand Street Community Arts WCAA 107.3 Radio Arts and Culture
- Board Member; Animal Protective Foundation; Schenectady, NY
- President and Organizer Women’s Group YWCA USA Hudson NY
- Board Member – Marketing; Columbia Greene Humane Society
- Women in Stone
- National association for Professional SaleswomenAmerican Management association
- NAWIC, National Association of Women in Constructions
- Columbia County Planned Parenthood, Board of Directors
- The Capital Region Human Resource Association